Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Don't know.

I don't know what to title this so forgive me.

I got a text from K the other day that another one of her cousins are pregnant. I couldn't let myself be happy for her. My only thought was asking K if she was ok. She has 6 cousins all around the same age. 2 have kids and now the third is pregnant. The only 3 left without kids are all boys. 1 gay and 2 not interested in kids at the moment, but I really don't doubt that they too will someday soon make the same announcement.

This Saturday was supposed to be our due date. It shocked me when I saw it still in my calendar. Then I looked back to December and saw the day we got the positive and then all the notes every day leading up to and including the miscarriage. So very sad. What a flood of emotions that brought out.

K and I haven't talked about it. I really hope her calendar still doesn't have the due date. I should sneak a peak at that just in case and delete it if it's still there.

Life goes on......

6 comments:

  1. A, I'm really sorry. Hitting a due date of a loss is hard in and of itself. Being surrounded by pregnant cousins and being on hiatus... I'm so sorry. That sucks and it's not fair.

    Thinking about you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :::hugs::: While life may go on, the pain is there. I'm still so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, sweetie... many hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you some hugs. :( I'm sorry you have to see this date go by without the joy of a baby to accompany it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you had this reminder of a painful experience. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you both. And always sending love.

    ReplyDelete