Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Step One....Surgery....Done

I had surgery last Tuesday for my endometrosis.  I've known for 3-4 years that its been back so I knew I'd had to have it taken care to move forward with IVF.

It went well, but to my surprise it was much more serious then I thought it would be.  It was much more serious then my surgeon thought it would be.  There was ALOT of it.  I guess my right ovary was also a mess.  It was basically scar tissue and covered in endometrosis.  Which means that was removed as well as my tubes.  I felt gutted like a fish.  I felt so much worse this time then I did the last time. 

But the good thing is....It's done.  I just have to heal and in the meantime we'll start getting things in place for IVF. 

My surgeon said I'm back to normal and should have no problem getting pregnant. 

2013 is going to be an exciting year.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! That sounds painful!!!
    But good for you for moving on to the next step in your process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear the surgery is over! Not fun, but getting you closer! Hope you are recovering and looking forward to good things in the new year.

    ReplyDelete