Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Update

I'm still here and I want my blog-family to know I'm sending all of you still trying all the babydust I have and thinking of all of you daily. This process is so hard and not matter how much you do to try and make it work in the end we have no control over the outcome.

K really likes the new job. She will be working so much but at least she is at a place where she sees a future. I know she really misses the people at the company she just left. After 9 years she made friendships that will last forever. Because K will be working so many hours and her shift will change every month I decided to work weekends only at Job #2. There are good and bad to this. I'll start with the bad. I will be working 7 days a week and there is a chance of my hours getting cut. The good is I will never have to work another double ever again. I will also only have to go to that place only 2 days a week instead of 3-4 day a week. I am really looking forward to going home every evening after work Monday-Friday. This is my last week of the old schedule. 2 more doubles left and then every evening will be mine. We'll see if I'm still happy a few months from now. :)

My parents arrive Thursday. They are coming in for a long weekend. I will still be working a bit. So, with both K and I working and my Mom has plans with her cousins my Dad will have the house to himself Friday evening. Knowing my Dad he will really enjoy the peace and quiet. He'll find a CSI marathon on TV and kick back.
I don't know if I've ever mentioned this but I feed the critters in my neighborhood. I have 3 bird feeders and a squirrel feeder up. I have another squirrel feeder that I recently purchased that I will have my Dad attach to the tree when he's in town. I love watching them all. I throw peanuts, corn and sunflower seeds all over the front yard daily. There are 4-5 squirrels in the yard at any given moment. I've even had ducks come to eat and of course the rabbits. They don't even run away anymore when we come out. They just know it's a safe place to be.

We also finished planting the flower beds in the front. I picked daylillies and haustas because they are low maintenance, hardy and will get bigger every year.


That's about it on this end. I hope all is well out there.

1 comment:

  1. I love the flowers. They will be big and awesome in a few years.

    Feeding squirrels, though? I don't think I'm down with that. :)

    ReplyDelete