Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Year In Review

I too am following in some of my blog-friends' footsteps and did the Year In Review questions. Overall I think it's been a good year. I'm lucky that I've had 2 jobs the entire year when so many people don't even have 1. I have a loving partner in my life who I know will always be there for me.

It was a little hard to answer some of the questions, so I'm probably a bit boring compared to others. Here you go...

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I think the only thing I’ve done different in 2008 was trying to get PREGNANT.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did not keep a single New Year’s Resolution, but I still plan on making more this year. I want to lose a few pounds, get pregnant, never smoke again since I finally quit, overall live a healthier life.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
2 of K’s cousins and a friend of mine had twins only 4-5 weeks ago.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. I don’t think anyone died in 2008.

5. What places did you visit?
Went to Jacksonville, FL for work. Visited family in the Chicago area a lot. That was about it.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Of course to get pregnant (early 2009).

7. What day from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 31st. The day K sat across from me and said “I want a baby. Even if I have to carry the baby to have one I want a baby.” You can’t get more direct then that. The sentence I needed to hear for both of us to get the ball rolling.

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Learning so much more about money and how to be better with it. I feel I did a great job holding it together with everything I had going on. I work 2 jobs, I had surgery and I started TTC.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not eating better, not exercising, not taking better care of myself.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I found out I had a huge cyst on my right ovary caused by endometriosis and had to have surgery. Also found out I have 1 tube closed which will make getting pregnant harder.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don’t know that I bought anything other then necessities in 2008.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I’d have to say my honey, K. She has been wonderful.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My brother. Outside of the fact that he just can’t get his life together, he stole money from my parents for drugs and was arrested twice for non-payment of child support. Very sad situation. My poor parents.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Credit Card Debt. Bills for TTC came in second.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I was very excited about my first IUI.

16. What songs will always remind you of 2008?
I Kissed A Girl by Katie Perry.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier b) Probably the same. I lost a bunch in 2007 or early 2008 and have stayed there. c) Definitely Poorer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Started TTC much earlier in life not just earlier in the year. Also, exercised!!

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2008?
At my parents.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fell deeper in love.

22. What are your three favorite photos of 2008?
Any picture of my puppies.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Grays Anatomy, Prison Break, WorkOut. There are a lot more. I watch way too much TV.

24. What did you do for your birthday in 2008?
K took me out to dinner.

25. What was the best book you read?
I don’t think I finished a book in 2008. I hope to change that in 2009.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Didn’t have one.

27. What did you want and get?
I got the RE I wanted. I wanted to be happier then I have been in the past.

28. What did you want and not get?
To get pregnant on the first try. Always considered myself an over achiever. Thought I’d be the exception. Just proved to myself that I am definitely imperfect when it comes to fertility.

29. What were your favorite three films this year?
Sex & The City & Four Christmas’s The only 2 movies I saw this year.

30. Did you make some new friends this year?
I didn’t make new friends but I think I got closer to a few people who otherwise where only acquaintances and I think those friendships will continue to grow.

31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I’ll agree with the others…“Two Pink Lines.”

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Babydolls shirts and jeans.

33. What kept you sane?
My two puppies always keep me sane. I always say they are the reason I get out of bed. And of course my honey, K. I couldn’t live without her.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Prop 8 in California. I don’t live there, but every election year I watch more and more States ban gay marriage and it just reminds me how much we are hated.

35. Who did you miss?
I miss my Grandparents. I miss my friend Laura who hasn’t spoken to me since her and K’s cousin broke up almost 3 years ago.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
All of you. My e-friends that are also TTC and helping me figure it all out.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today. Don’t hold onto anger or hurt. You only hurt yourself not the other person.

3 comments:

  1. love the list! i'm working on mine. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list. Thanks for sharing. I watch WAY to much TV too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list! So funny that K told you on May 31st that she wanted to have a baby because it was that day that my L told me she wanted to have a baby. Changed my world forever! Happy New Year and here's to a wonderful 2009!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete