Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thank You Letter...

If you remember from a previous post an old friend of the family told my Mother that he wanted to donate sperm to me. And even though in so many ways I feel that the offer was just weird I was still very touched and thankful. And even though I wasn't even involved in the conversation I still feel like I had to acknowledge it. I had to turn down this guy who was so willing to help create a life. Well, the letter is done and on it's way. It took two days and several drafts, but I feel I came across kind and thankful while still saying no to his offer.

K's flight was good and she is having a relaxing time at her Mom's. I spent the evening cooking enough food to get me through almost the whole week and watching reruns of One Tree Hill. I've never watched that show before, but about 4 months ago it started rerunning on Soap Network so I started watching it and it's my newest guilty pleasure. Yes, you can say it....I'm a dork. :)

I finally showed K my blog. Maybe someday she'll post, but I at least wanted her to be able to read it, read all of the comments and follow everyone else's blogs. I know it's really helped me and I want her to have the same experience.

That's all the news I have for now.

6 comments:

  1. I think it's great you're sending the letter, and that you're sharing your blog with K!

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my partner jokes that she needs to read my blog to keep up with me. sometimes i post something early in the day, but then don't get to see her until evening. by the time i am telling her about it, im also telling her about various people's comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ack! my "word verification" for that last comment was "brack." even blogspot knows its inaguration day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the letter is a very nice idea. Too bad Hall.mark does not yet make a "Thanks but no thanks to your offer of free sperm" card

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I'm sure he will be very pleasantly surprised when he receives the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and hoping the cannulation went well!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete