Thursday, June 25, 2009

We took control...

First, I would like to apologize for my mini breakdown the other day. I know the comments came from a good place and I see how what was said was just taken wrong. So, please know that all of you mean so much to me and some of you described it best when you said that I am just really overwhelmed. I believe I am strong. I believe that through everything I stay positive and the other day I guess I just didn't handle things exactly the way I would have if I wasn't so down.

So, with that said ladies please know that I really do appreciate you all and I really appreciate all of comments and advise to my breakdown.

Here is what is going on with us. K and I went in for her Day 3 u/s this morning, which looked good by the way. When we sat down with the nurse to discuss the plan for this cycle she started with how we will start with the Bravelle injections and we'd be upping that dose. We said NO to that one. Our plan for this cycle is this. We want to start with Clomid. While on clomid we'd have the Saline Sonogram that our RE wants K to have. If there is an actual polyp and this cycle has to be cancelled then all we're out is less then $100 of clomid not $1,000 of Bravelle. If everything is good then we will start the Bravelle injections and they will be daily instead of every other day. When we told the nurse our plan she actually looked at us and said...."I think that plan sounds great". She will have a follicle check Monday morning and she is on the "On-Call List" for the Saline Sonogram. Our RE is doing all IVF procedures next week so procedures like ours has to be scheduled between those. We won't know what time our thing will be until the day before.

As I mentioned before we have limited insurance coverage left. If we are correct her insurance will end the end of October. We probably have enough "baby money" for November. If nothing is wrong that will give her 5 more tries. 3 if something is wrong. So, we've also decided that we're going to be more aggressive and some of the cycles we will do 2 insems per cycle. I know there is no real evidence to support that it increases the chances all that much, and if we had more time I would save the sperm money, but we are limited so why not go all out while we can??? Right?

I am feeling better today. I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world to have K in my life. We work so well together when it comes to these difficult times and we really do understand each other.

That's the update. Looks like the plans are in place. We know what were going to do no matter what the test says and we're moving forward.


  1. Hi there- not sure if this is old news to you or not, but Clomid is on Wal-Mart's $9 list.

    It may be on Target's as well.

  2. Excellent plan and excellent that you have found money for more tries... let's all hope that you will be able to use the money for baby stuff instead.

    BTW:no need for blanket apologies... we all break down from time to time.

  3. No needs for sorries here - we all go through tough times. I'm glad we can support you along the way.
    It sounds like a great plan for this next cycle!

  4. Yay for a plan! It must feel good to feel in control of your process. I'm so glad you're feeling better.

  5. I'm so sorry you were feeling under attack for your post. I didn't read all the comments but you should be able to feel as sorry for yourself as you like on your own blog. I do it all the time! :) Everyone suffers here and each loss is significant and painful, be it your 1st or your 20th.

    Glad you have a new plan and I hope things start looking up for you.